Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day


Had a great day with the family yesterday. It was a family outing we all have been needing for a long time. We were going to go on a boat ride but it was raining so we had to revise our plan. My husband loves video games so the kids suggested we take him to an arcade. We had a great time!

The whole family was there and it was just marvelous. I was even able to stop thinking about my marital woes. My daughter seemed to enjoy herself more than anyone and that made me really happy. She seems a lot happier these days.

I think we played every game in the arcade. My husband and I were running around like kids. At one point I stopped and watched him with our children. It was so cute. I think he was having more fun than they were. We all really enjoyed playing basketball and skee ball against each other. I'm the skee ball master. We must have had a billion tickets by the time we left that arcade. Of course we got a bunch of nothing. A great time was had by all. I haven't enjoyed myself that much in a very long time. It's very rare that we're all together like that. I think every one of us had permanent smiles on our faces.

The kids cooked dinner for their dad when we got home. They would ask me questions from time to time but wouldn't let me help. That was fine with me. Hubby and I watched some of the shows on our DVR while they cooked. He could not stop talking about what a good time he had. He looked like he wanted to cry a few happy tears.

We ate together and watched a movie. I have to say, it was one of the best days we've had as a family in a very long time. Everyone was very happy. It's times like this that make it so hard for me to end my marriage. I know how great things can be. I know I can't rely on that to make me decision, but it makes it so much harder to give up and leave.

I'm glad we were able to have such a wonderful day. It was great to see my daughter smiling and participating. She has been a lot more open lately. I guess therapy is helping. Speaking of therapy, I have decided to go on a weekly basis. I think it will help me too.

I don't know what the future is going to bring, but i'll always remember yesterday as one of the best days i've ever had.

7 comments:

Tigeress said...

aaawwww This is such a nice post. I am so glad you guys had a blast. I reckon it shouldnt only be on father's day that you guys do something like this. When the rain stops- still do the boat trip.

I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Thats nice hun...glad to see the fam back together again..

Unknown said...

So nice that you guys had fun...

doll (retired blogger) said...

2moro hold great things…I know because I know him that knows 2moro…glad you guys had fun

Scorned Woman said...

Thanks guys. My decision is so much harder now. Grrrrrrr! I wish I didn't have to deal with all of this, but i'm still extremely glad that we had a nice family day. I'm especially happy that my daughter seems so much happier.

Lil Miss Honey B said...

happy to hear your fam had a happy day!

Enkay said...

Hmmm... this post was a relief from the intensity of the recent happenings in your family.
I hope this happiness lasts.